Here you will find a curated list of resources for photographers planning a trip to the Moab area. This page will be periodically updated as we discover useful new websites, gear, guidebooks and other resources. If you would like to recommend a resource please don't hesitate to contact us.
Resources for Photographers
- eFotoGuide - Essential guides to photographing the national parks and beyond
- Photographing the Southwest, Volume One: Utah - Laurent Martres award-winning photo guidebook to southern Utah
- The Edge Gallery - Bret Edge's studio, authorized dealer of Acratech ballheads, Sandisk memory cards and a variety of photography guidebooks
- The Essential Guide to Photographing Arches National Park - Bret's top-selling ebook containing 19 stunning locations in Arches National Park
- Trails Illustrated Arches NP - Topo map of Arches NP.
- Trails Illustrated Canyonlands NP - Topo map of Canyonlands NP.
- Trails Illustrated Moab Map Pack - Topo maps of the Moab area exclusive of the National Parks.
All About the Moab Area
- Official Website of Arches National Park
- Official Website of Canyonlands National Park
- Official Website of Dead Horse Point State Park
- Discover Moab - City of Moab's official tourism website
- Moab Guest Guide - The best place on the 'net to begin planning your Moab vacation
Moab Area Accommodations
- 57 Robber's Roost - Luxury condos in downtown Moab
- Gonzo Inn - Funky, local hotel only one block off Main Street
- Hampton Inn - Clean, well run hotel in downtown Moab.
- Comfort Suites - Clean, well run hotel in downtown Moab
- Fairfield Inn - Clean, well run hotel just north of Moab.
Moab Area Restaurants
- Moab Brewery - A little bit of everything, including award-winning beers. Try the Hefeweizen!
- Love Muffin - This is where you want to eat breakfast. Try the huevos rancheros or caramel apple muffin.
- Panteles Desert Deli - Huge & delicious sandwiches, salads and soups. Best lunch in Moab.
- Singha Thai - Authentic Thai food open for lunch and dinner.
- Sabaku - Amazing sushi. In the desert. Yep.
- Fiesta Mexicana - The best Mexican food in town. Bret digs the chicken enchilada mole.
- Chevron - Yeah, it's a gas station but it's also a deli and taco bar. The homemade carrot cake is the best.
- Paradox Pizza - Tasty thin crust pizza and great service.
- Moab Yogurt (MoYo) - Yummy frozen yogurt that's so delicious on a hot summer day.
- Red Rock Bakery - Bagels, sandwiches, salads and more. Try the quiche!
Vehicle and Jeep Rentals
- Twisted Jeeps - Heavily modified rental 2 and 4 door Jeep Wranglers with very few trail limitations.
- Canyonlands Jeep Rental - Best service on the best maintained rental vehicles in Moab
Outdoor and Photo Gear
- Gearheads - The best outdoor store in Moab. Exceptional service, largest selection.
- Moab Gear Trader - Some used and some new gear at reasonable prices with fantastic service.
- Pagan Mountaineering - Mostly a hard-core climbing store but they do have other outdoor gear.
- Back of Beyond Bookstore - Awesome local bookstore with a huge selection of hiking guides and maps.
- Arches Electronics - The only shop in Moab with high-quality photography equipment & in-house sensor cleaning.